Saturday, April 14, 2012

Kickstarter

Ever since I was introduced to Kickstarter I thought that it was the most remarkable website for creative professionals to get their ideas out and gain support and backing from thousands of people worldwide. I constantly think about creating a kickstarter project, but I can never quite think of what I would really do... It's a constant search within me to come up with something worthy of peoples funding.

Here's just a couple videos that I've watched recently that struck me.

This pretty much made me want to cry. It's eerily beautiful.


http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sarahwaldorf/the-cry-project

And this one which really started to get me thinking that I too could raise money... This guy does some very similar work as I do. Just thought it was pretty interesting, and he was backed $8,100 for his project.


http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/851167361/crystal-silence

1 comment:

  1. I have such mixed feelings about the cry project. On the one hand, I'm like wow that's awesome because most people can't stand for others to see them cry. It is a very vulnerable place to be in and I admire her for being able to take photos of herself in that state for millions of people to see. It's also very smart because I feel like as photographers we all want our photographs to convey a feeling (all of the best ones do) and hers definitely achieve that. However, the only reason I am conflicted is because it feels kind of fake to me. The emotion and her facial expressions are real, but she is causing herself to do it. It isn't just a spontaneous moment. It is posed. But then again, we pose people for photographs all the time. I don't even know, just something about it bothers me a little but I can't really pinpoint it haha.
    Anyway...I had never even heard of kickstarter but it seems really awesome. It's perfect for your fine art style. I think you should totally go for it! Just put something out there and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete